This is the page where you will find all the latest information about our trip to Korea.
This page is for those going to Korea to help with their planning and preparation.
There is also an area in the Discussion Forum where students can post questions and others can try to provide answers.
- Team List – Training
- Team List – Accommodation
- Team List – Sparring
- Team List – Self Defence
- Competition Rules
Korea Information Getting around
- Korea Tourism Board
- Seoul – interactive map
- Korean Rail website in English
- KTX website (Korean Bullet Trains – copy of French TGV)
- How to use the Subway in Seoul
- Interactive Subway Map – easy to understand where all the line go to.
Accommodation – where to stay
- Namsan Guest House – cheap, good location, backpacker style.
- Korea Hostel – cheap, good location, backpacker style
- Hyundai Residence – Hotel Recommended by Master Kang (Gongkwon Yusul) – bit upmarket
- Dongdaemon Hotel (formerly Best Western Dongdaemon) – good location near markets, simple and reasonably priced – lots of rooms.
- Seoul Backbackers – good location, cheap.
- PJ Hotel – most of the team are staying here from the 25 to 28 June.
Mobile Phone Information
– how to setup roaming so when you get to to Korea your phone will work.
– how to setup roaming so when people call you it does not cost a bomb (switch off voicemail).
– if you want to buy an International Data Pack for your phone so you can use the mapping and internet features in Korea.
– if you want to buy a local SIM card when you get to Korea (available at the Airport) so you can use your phone with a local number in Korea (make sure your phone is unlocked).
– if you want to hire a phone in Korea to use locally (not expensive, pick up and drop off at airport).
- World Yongmoodo Association
- Yongmoodo on Youtube
- Good example of the sparring competition – part way through.
- Here are some examples of the sparring – they are from a US Yongmoodo tournament so I am not sure how much they can be trusted – some of the techniques allowed and not allowed seem to contradict the rules we have from Korea:
NEW ONE – GOOD CONTESTS FROM YONGIN – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqwbJx_P6PI&feature=related
- Gongkwon Yusul – Master Kang Jun
- Gonkwon Yusul on Youtube
- Cheong Kyum Hapkido – Master CHOI Suk-Hwan
- Cheong Kyum Hapkido on Youtube