1. Jumping spinning hook (Low impact option – spinning hook)
2. High spinning hook then low spinning hook
3. Sliding foot sweep to front leg, then low spinning hook
4. 360° spinning hook (Low impact option – step forwards and spinning hook)
5. Low turning then 180° reverse turning
Defence against front kick
Defence against turning kick
Defence against side kick
Defence against turning back kick
Defence against spinning heel kick
Thumb Attacks (from Shaking Right Hands)
Pattern 7 – Four Directional Throws
Start facing North. Attention, Joonbi.(L) foot backwards, walking stance facing N/W with hands at side. Present (R) hand.
1. Attacker grabs cross hand with momentum. Pull attacker’s arm & lock onto hip, (L) arm blocks up under chin leaning opponent backwards & off balance. Rotate 180° to (L) & apply 45° (R) knifehand strike to chest while opponent is falling. Finish in Horse riding stance (facing S/W).
Turn to right side 180° walking stance, right leg back, both arms to sides. Now facing N/E.
2. Attacker (R) front kick and (R) punch. Deflection open hand block to kick with (R) hand as step back with left foot. (R) arm blocks and grabs punch & locks it on (R) hip, (L) hand reaches around to grab attacker’s chin from behind. Pull back, rotating chin while maintaining locked arm on hip. Rotate 180° to execute horizontal (R) coat hanger strike ((R) elbow at 90°). Finishing in horse riding stance facing N/W.
(R) leg stays firm, (L) leg steps backwards 90° turn into walking stance facing S/W. Present (R) hand.
3. Attacker grabs cross hand with momentum. Just before contact is made, check with (L) hand, (R) arm raises to front of throat (elbow 90°). Neck & chin throw. (L) hand to back of neck as rotate attacker 180°. Step back with (R) leg, slide (L) hand to attacker lower back as step through to execute chin throw (finish in walking stance, (R) foot forward. (R) arm shoulder height, elbow at 90°). Now facing N/E.
(L) foot moves up to (R), (R) foot steps backwards as rotate 90°. Now facing S/E in walking stance with (L) foot forwards.
4. Attacker (R) front kick and (R) punch. Step back with left foot, deflection open hand block to kick with (R) hand as (L) hand moves across to front guard. Execute (L) hand inside block and grab of punch while applying (R) knifehand cut across eyes. (L) hand pulls attacker inwards, (R) arm comes over the top of attacker’s arm and scoops it upwards rotating attacker. (L) hand reaches to chin as circular scoop is applied and locks head on chest. Downward (R) elbow strike to neck while facing N/E in horse riding stance.
(L) leg steps backwards into walking stance facing N. Arms to side.
Photo of the day
- May Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 27 May 18
- Instructor Course at Byron Bay 16 Jun 18
- Grading – Brookvale 18 Jun 18
- June Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 24 Jun 18
- July Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 29 Jul 18
- August Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 26 Aug 18
- Grading – Brookvale 19 Sep 18
- September Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 30 Sep 18
- October Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 28 Oct 18
- November Sydney Black Belt Class – Brookvale 25 Nov 18
Search this site
AHA Membership Form
AHA Student Handbook
- Welcome Post
- + - Trips to Hapkido around the world
- + - Tournaments
- Our History
- Norther NSW Workshops Sep 2015
- + - Instructor Courses
- + - Hapkido Camps
- + - Hall of Fame
- + - Demonstrations
- + - Club Photos
- + - Club Gradings
- + - Black Belt Gradings
- + - Black Belt Classes
- Artwork Competition