- Knifehand strike – inward & downward
- Spinning knifehand strike – forward & backward
- Cat roll into side fall (stay down)
- Turning side
- Turning back
- Inward crescent (outside to inside)
- Outward crescent (inside to outside)
- Front & turning
- Front foot side then turning side
- Turning side then turning back
C1 Wing Lock
C2 Elbow Roll
Demonstrate Self Defence Techniques
Key Principles and Skills
- Leverage – understand where the fulcrum, load and lever is for all your techniques.
- Keeping technique close to your body – close to danjun, close to hip, elbows in, below shoulders.
- Understand which biomechanical angle favours your major arm and leg muscles.
- Large Intestine 10 – upper foream (used in Z-Lock)
- Triple Heater 6 – back of wrist (used in Z-Lock)
- Large Intestine 4 – between thumb and forefinger
- Tricep Tendon – just above rear of elbow (used in elbow roll)
Pattern 3 – Four Directional Deflection & Counter
A1. Punch to the head (R)[walking stance][kyup]
Inner deflection (R), front backfist (R) walking stance], reverse finger thrust (L) [walking stance][Kyup], low-section side kick (L),turn around sparring stance.
A2. Punch to head (R)[walking stance][kyup]
Outer deflection (R), ridge hand to jaw (R) checking elbow (L) [L-stance],grab, pull in & twist kick (L) to shin, turn to the right, sparring stance.
A3. Punch to head (R)[walking stance][kyup]
Upper deflection (R), elbow strike (R)[L-stance] to the ribs, step back into sparring stance, check elbow (R) & turning kick (R), low turning kick to shins (L) striking with the heel, turn around sparring stance.
A4. Punch to the head (R)[walking stance] then punch to the groin (L)[walking stance][kyup]
Upper deflection (R)[L-stance], lower deflection (R)[L-stance], short knifehand strike to neck (R) step across (R), step through (L),spinning knifehand strike (L) to the neck [walking stance][kyup]
Yellow Belt Pattern