The Northern NSW Hapkido clubs hosted a weekend of Hapkido Workshops on the last weekend of September 2015. The workshops were held in Murwillumbah. The guest instructor was Daniel Marie from Sydney. Hapkido students from Byron Bay, Mullumbimby, Murwillumbah and Stokers Siding participated in this series of workshops. This weekend was an opportunity for students to revise the basic principles of Hapkido that underpin all techniques and to learn loads of new stuff. This is what was covered in the series of workshops over the weekend.
Sat 26 Sep 2015
- 9-10am – Warm-up – clinch, underhooks, arm drag, single leg takedowns, whizzer and then putting all that together.
- 10-11am – Ground rounds – basic knowledge then lots of grappling – guard, half guard, side control, mount defence, butterfly guard, spider guard.
- 11-12 – Patterns – program those fine motor skills
- 1-2pm – Gloves Galore – drills to help develop a solid defence on an agile platform
- 3-5pm – Drills and kicks
Sun 27 Sep 2015
- 9-10am – Knife defence – tapi tapi, pass, stop and then against wall
- 10-11 – Sparring – how to develop confidence and skills – mixing up kicks, punches, takedowns and groundwork.
- 11-12 – Multiple grabbing – the 5 mortal sins
Thanks also to Master Geister from Sydney for attending on Saturday and helping out.