The camp is a great mix of training and fun that will allow you make a huge leap in your understanding of Hapkido and at the same time meet other like-minded martial artists. In this environment you get to meet and train with other students and instructors – including our 5th-dan masters and direct training under Master Brown – all of whom will provide new challenges and assistance– this sometimes includes ‘Aquakido’, where Hapkido meets the swimming pool!
DEADLINE for Registration – 8 April 2016.
- Adult (18 years of age and over) – training and non-training – $220
- Non-training parent/guardian supervising one or more training child/ren – $165
- Child (5 to 17 years) – training and non-training – $165
- Preschooler (2 to 4 years) – nil
Day Only (includes lunch)
- Saturday – $75
- Sunday – $55
- Non-training parent/guardian supervising 1 or more training child – Please ring Melissa
Myuna Bay Sports and Recreation Centre is located 1 hour drive north of Sydney or 40 minutes drive south of Newcastle.
The full camp price includes all meals and accommodation from Friday evening till Sunday after lunch. Note the last training session of the camp is Sunday morning 9am to 12 noon, followed by lunch and tidy up of the lodges. Most people depart by 2pm, although we have access to the site until 4pm.
Accommodation is in lodges, each of which is divided into a number of rooms with bunk beds and each of which has a large common area, covered outdoor seating area and common kitchen. This year we are using the large McGregor Lodge (where each room sleeps 6 people) and smaller The Vines Lodge (where each room sleeps 4 people). The lodges have heating and airconditioning and each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom, fan and storage shelving. Bring a pillow case (mandatory – camp rules) and either (1) a sleeping bag or (2) sheets and a doona, also toiletries. (Pillows are supplied). A suggested packing list will be provided closer to the camp weekend.
HOW TO RESERVE A PLACE:
To reserve your place at the camp you need to do the following by 8 April 2016:
- fill in the registration form* (click here to download AHA Camp Form 2016 ) and send in the completed form before the close date
- complete the Dept of Sport and Recreation’s online Medical and Consent form. The information that Sport and Recreation needs about you includes medical conditions, food related allergies (because our program is catered), special diets (because our program is catered), medication, emergency contact details and media consent.
The Medical and Consent Form is available online and is easy to complete – a separate form is required for each attendee. Once you submit the form the information is sent to the Centre so the staff can prepare for your visit. Please complete the Medical and Consent Form at https://sportandrecreation.nsw.gov.au/facilities/medicalandconsentform
When you complete that form please enter the following details:
– Booking Number: 468455
– Booking Start Date: 29/04/2016
– Booking Venue: Myuna Bay Sport and Recreation Centre
- make your payment (internet banking,, direct deposit cheque or money order) – please do NOT give your money to your instructor – it must be paid directly to the AHA.
- notify your instructor of your intention to attend, so that your name can be added to his/her master list.
If you have any further questions please contact Melissa Rees by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0403 814 347 (anytime weekends but please not between 9.00am and 5pm weekdays).